- Infraction Categories
- General Rules
- No Toxicity and Bullying [D]
- No Derogatory Remarks (IC & OOC) [C]
- No Scamming [B]
- Limit AFKing [A]
- No External Advertising [C]
- No Exploiting / Report Bugs [C]
- No Impersonation [C]
- No Inappropriate & Illegal Content [B]
- No Third Party Communications [B]
- No External Websites [C]
- Do not contacting developers directly [A]
- Respect Twitch Terms of Service [C]
- Roleplay Rules
- Always Roleplay & Stay In Character Rule [A]
- No Metagaming [C]
- No Powergaming / Fail RP [B]
- Not Value Life (NVL) [B]
- No Random Death Matching (RDM) / No Vehicle Death Matching (VDM) [B or C]
- New Life Rule (NLR) [B]
- No Extreme or Disgusting Roleplay [B]
- Logging to Avoid [B]
- No Sharing Info and Items Between Characters [C]
- No Cop Baiting / Interferring with Investigations [A]
- Gangs (Rule of 4) [B]
- Character Guidelines & Quality of Roleplay [B]
Infraction Categories #
Each rule has been given a baseline infraction category. Each incident is dealt on a case by case basis and handled accordingly.
- Class A: 1 Day Suspension
- Class B: 3 Day Suspension
- Class C: 7 Day Suspension
- Class D: Permanent Ban (appeal after 30 days)
General Rules #
No Toxicity and Bullying [D] #
- Toxicity is defined as bringing unwanted attitudes into the community.
- There is a difference between having an opinion/voicing this opinion, and forcing your opinion on other people.
- Do not direct your anger/frustration/aggression towards another player or staff. Use the appropriate forums for this.
No Derogatory Remarks (IC & OOC) [C] #
- Negative/Derogatory remarks about; race, religion, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc. is strictly prohibited. This includes in and out of RP.
No Scamming [B] #
- Scamming of money, vehicles and properties is not allowed by any means both IC or OOC. In general this means performing an action which gives you legal possession of a property or vehicle through deceit. E.G. Promising to pay money after someone sells you a property or vehicle and not paying the money as promised – robbery is not classed as scamming.
Limit AFKing [A] #
- Leaving your computer or in any manner tabbing out or going AFK should not be done in a public area, please be inside your private home or hidden area.
No External Advertising [C] #
- Sending other players links or discussing other servers, communities or groups in the manner of advertising is strictly prohibited. We expect all players to keep their opinions about said matter to themselves, as we hope members from other corners of the gaming world would do the same for us.
No Exploiting / Report Bugs [C] #
- Exploiting of a bug or glitch is strictly prohibited. This includes setting up macros to farm jobs. Purposely exploiting, duplicating or macro’ing anything for personal gain will result in heavy consequences.
- You are not allowed to abuse bugs, bugs are considered as actions in which are not intended, such as duplication of items/money/vehicles. You are required to report any bugs you find using our bug tracker. Failure to report bugs and instead using them for your own benefit/gain will be met with a severe punishment (see below).
- Abusing game mechanics in unintended ways for clear non-roleplay gain is strictly prohibited.
No Impersonation [C] #
- Impersonating another player, by using a similar account name, creating a certain level of confusion is not allowed. Account names are considered personal and must remain so.
- Portraying yourself as a staff member is strictly forbidden and may lead to harsh punishments.
No Inappropriate & Illegal Content [B] #
- Do not post material or links to content which is illegal as per United States, Canadian, Australian and International law.
- Do not post nudity, gore, or otherwise inappropriate content without spoilers, warnings, and a reason. For example, illegal roleplayers discussing cartels in real life and showing a video of a shootout would be acceptable, showing random gore for shock value is not.
No Third Party Communications [B] #
- These programs or channels are not be used in character or for any sort of in character communication, unless you are in specific and monitored channels that have been approved by the Upper Administration Team such as “tactical” channels for law enforcement factions.
- This includes private Discords which are created for use with Husky’s Network.
No External Websites [C] #
- Any domain or program not under direct control of Husky’s Network or Aussie Roleplay (not a Husky’s Network website) may not be utilized for in character purposes. Examples of this would be an external website created to advertise an in character business, a Dropbox to share an in character PDF document or utilization of any Google service such as docs, spreadsheets, etc, mainly used for organization purposes.
- Exceptions to this rule are approved by the Husky’s Network Team on a case-by-case basis and listed publicly. Exceptions will be made under the pretense that the platform being approved allows for full access by Husky’s Network as requested in order to prevent meta gaming. You can file for approval with valid reasoning.
- Google Drive (Docs, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Husky’s Network Roleplay
- Discord (VoIP Communication)
- Los Santos Roleplay [Husky’s]
- Google Drive (Docs, spreadsheets, etc.)
Do not contacting developers directly [A] #
- Please use the relevant support channels to get help with your issues. Before attempting to message developers. Only message with permission if absolutely necessary.
Respect Twitch Terms of Service [C] #
- We have a lot of players who stream their experiences on “Twitch”, as such, with respect to them you are required to follow the Twitch Terms of Service which can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/terms-of-service/
- Generally speaking, our rules try to line up with these Terms of Service also.
Roleplay Rules #
Always Roleplay & Stay In Character Rule [A] #
- All players must remain in character at all times unless allowed to go out of character by an administrator or they are themselves an administrator performing administration duties.
- Breaking character is severely prohibited and never allowed. Breaking character is defined as you being in-character and then acting out of character is strictly forbidden and should never occur. An example of this would be mixing IC & OOC chat in local conversation.
- If there is a problem, roleplay the scenario out and then report it.
- “Roleplay now, report later”.
No Metagaming [C] #
- Metagaming is prohibitied.
- Metagaming is purposely using or relaying information which your character did not learn in-game to shape in-game roleplay. This includes Discord Text & Voice Channels, Twitch Channels, etc.
- Attempting to incite metagaming is also prohibited.
No Powergaming / Fail RP [B] #
Powergaming is prohibited. Powergaming can be described as a roleplaying outside your character’s abilities and traits, abusing mechanics and using means not actually in game to gain an advantage, such as:
- Springing/fighting as soon as you leave the hospital or are revived after being downed.
- Talking while you are unconscious.
- Acting or having unrealistic, superhuman, superpowers.
- Not using /me to notify others of something they should notice. Example: if you were shot or stabbed, and someone /me looks over your body – you should reply with /me has stab/shot wounds.
- Not realistically fearing for your life when you are threatened with weapons or severe harm from other means.
- Use of items which you haven’t physically obtained.
- Jumping around or “bunnyhopping” to move around faster.
- Not keeping to your physical character’s form. Example: If you are old or overweight, you should always have a “physical level” in mind and roleplay to this.
- Vehicles which are used as they are not designed, such a lowrider offroading is considered Powergaming as the vehicle would not be able to sustain such conditions without breaking or becoming inoperable.
Not Value Life (NVL) [B] #
- The value of life is an economic value used to quantify the benefit of avoiding death. Failing to show a value of life, results in poor quality roleplay.
- Not realistically fearing for oyur life when you are threatened with weapons, or severe harm from other means.
- Antagonising gangs/police, or armed individuals for no charatcer reason.
- Do not insert yourself into on-going situations or shootouts, between two groups or one group and the police.
- Don’t be a hero just because you have a gun.
No Random Death Matching (RDM) / No Vehicle Death Matching (VDM) [B or C] #
- Deathmatching is prohibitied.
- Deathmatching is the act of killing another persons character without sufficient reason, proper roleplay and a story leading up to it. Conflict must be initiated either verbally or through texts methods.
- Vehicle Detchmatching is killing another persons character with a vehicle with the intent to kill/knock them out without valid reasoning.
- Robbery Exception:
- An exception applies to store robberies, bank robberies, and heists, in which these scenarios both parties will assume gunfire can happen without verbal or text communication. However Law Enforcement would typically like to try to de-escalate a situation and negotiate.
- Group/Gang Conflict Exception:You must have a reason for group/gang conflict, a reasonable amount of money, territory, etc.
New Life Rule (NLR) [B] #
- If a character is player killed and the scene is left after they respawn, the players involved should roleplay that the unconscious character is found by a good samaritan, emergency services were called, and they were taken to the hospital.
- The person that was player killed would then after they respawn at the hospital, roleplay in the hospital for a period of time for their injuries to heal and continue to roleplay those injuries accordingly.
- Do not respawn and immediately run around as if nothing happened!
No Extreme or Disgusting Roleplay [B] #
- Being an 18+ environment, certain themes and scenes may come up to fit in with story lines and characters. The following require consent or are off limits entirely, and forcing of any of the below will result in punishment.
- Consent Required – Every party involved, including witnesses, must OOCly agree to participate in any of the situations listed below:
- Strictly Prohibited – The following strictly off limits and will result in punishment:
- Erotic or Sexual Roleplay
- Sexual Harassment
Logging to Avoid [B] #
- Players are forbidden from logging out during a roleplay unless approved by an Administrator. Do not join in a large roleplay situation if you cannot commit the time.
- After criminal activity in which Law Enforcement may become involved, you must wait 30 minutes prior to logging off.
No Sharing Info and Items Between Characters [C] #
- Sharing information, items or money between your own characters is strictly prohibited.
- You are only allowed one character in one gang/group/organisation.
- Regardless of if your characters share different or same gangs, any information learned on one character cannot be shared via your other characters.
- You may not transfer information, items or money via a third-party or other player. If you have a need to do this, submit a request to the Administration Team.
No Cop Baiting / Interferring with Investigations [A] #
- Committing a crime with the sole intention of drawing police away from another crime regardless of size is prohibited. Example: Shooting or distracting police so your friend can get out of a ticket, or shooting around the map before committing a crime so that police are tied up searching for a shooter when you’ve long left the area.
- Intentionally attracting police for the no other purpose than a chase.
- Do not interfer with police after an arrest of anyone. When police start their “investigation” stage, you are to leave the area unless you are involved.
- If you are unsure whether or not your actions will be considered Cop Baiting, please contact the Administration Team.
Gangs (Rule of 4) [B] #
- Criminal activities are limited to 4 players max at a time.
- Relaying information to or between characters (lookouts, radio communications) counts you as part of that scenario.
- Police Exemption: Are exempt up to a Rule of 8 for any one incident/pursuit.
Character Guidelines & Quality of Roleplay [B] #
Character Guidelines #
When creating a character, you are beginning a story for someone, not just putting a name to a model.
Consider the following:
- What are the personality traits of your character? Shy or confident? Hard working or lazy?
- What is your character’s background? Where do they come from? While this doesn’t have to be thorough, it will make it easier to roleplay the character.
- Give your character some strengths and weaknesses.
- Think about how your character will react to certain situations.
- Stick to your character’s traits, you are playing the life of this character, so their experiences should have an impact on them. Let the consequences of your actions have an effect on your character.
- Don’t get involved in everything. Don’t try to be everything. If there’s something else you’re interested in, make another character and build a story up to it.
- Be mindful about how to enter on-going situations and other’s story lines. You can interact with people and see if an opportunity shows, but don’t try to force ot steer a current storyline if your story hasn’t let up to it.
- Once your character has reached or failed to reach their goals, it may be time to consider bringing the character’s story to an end. Perhaps consider other new characters you might want to play.
Character Development #
- Character development plays a vital role in what is considered Powergaming. A character that goes to the gym and works out regularly may be in better physical condition than others involved in the situation.
- Special Characters: Special Characters are characters which have a particular subset of skills (superior strength, shooting, stamina, etc), such as but not limited to:
- Mentally Challenged
- Skilled Martial Artists
- Members of Special Operations ForcesThese characters must have Administration Team approval prior to roleplaying as such.
Criminal Guidelines #
Here are some things to consider when making a criminal character.
- Build Up and Pacing
- Don’t just rush in to be a criminal mastermind on day one. Let your character make connections and learn how crime works in the city before making big moves like robbing banks or taking on potential rivals.
- Heat and Law Enforcement
- Criminals should be mindful that their actions may generate attention from police. Give yourself enough time between your crimes for things to cool down.
- You should expect to get more police attention, longer jail times/fines, and investigations if you continue to repeatedly commit crimes in a small time frame.
- Criminal Hierarchy
- Eventually your character may learn or come in contact with the structure of the criminal world.
- All criminals had to work their way up this structure and at some point this climb can be very important to their story.
- Making connections in this world will help evolve your character’s story.
- While some organizations and criminals may work together, from time to time, conflict is expected, whether territory, resources, consumers, and power may drive many of these conflicts.
- Conflict and cooperation can help make both stories interesting, be sure to have a good mix.
- Avoid conflicts with large alliances which don’t go well with conflict (including Law Enforcement).
Interaction Guidelines #
- From time to time, you will interact with different characters from all walks of life, including government officials, small business owners, criminals, etc. The goal is for each player to provide each other with an immersive experience and add to each other’s stories.
- Medical/EMS Interactions
- If you are downed (either by accident or a victim of a crime) you must wait for police or EMS to arrive.
- When help arrives both sides should strive to provide a good scenario for each other.
- EMS will act in a professional manner during the situation and the patient will roleplay out their injuries to the best of their ability.
- Use of /me to provide extra information of vitals and injuries is encouraged.
- Law Enforcement Interactions
- Police will behave in a professional manner towards the public and each other while the public will provide a base level of respect you’d generally give to police.
- Use of /me to provide extra information for investigations is encouraged.
- Recording and Photos
- Players may take pictures with their phone using the emote. They may also record using a camera. The camera may pick up the audio if the player is in range to hear the audio (not through walls/glass, etc).
- It is expected that most police will have BWC (Body Worn Cameras) and ICV (In Car Video) of incidents which can be controlled by the officer.
- Certain areas of the map and buildings may have CCTV which can be accessed.
- Screenshots, Videos & Streams may be supplied to aid in these cases but are not required
- Emoting (/me command)
- The /me command must be used for roleplay purposes only. This command can be used to express anything that cannot otherwise be said through words;
- On the other hand, /me is not to be used to display anything that would not be able to be physically seen;Example: Giving evidence that is on scene that should be able to be seen, showing facial expressions, actions that don’t have a gesture, etc. Example: /me feels sad – This should be shown as /me looks sad.
Player Kills #
- A player kill is when your character is killed, simulating unconsciousness and amnesia which extends as far back as that particular roleplay situation’s beginning.
- If you are revived by an administrator to roleplay your wounds after being player killed, this does not reverse the amnesia effects unless an administrator specifically tells you the amnesia is voided for a particular reason.
- Player kills do not necessarily require a script death for the effects of a player kill to exist such as amnesia and severe injuries.
- No application is needed to player kill someone. Only a solid in character reason.
Character Kills/Permadeath #
- A character kill is when your character is permanently killed and the ability to access that character is forbidden.
- They serve as a means of permanently ending a character’s life. This can have a massive impact not only on their story, but the stories of characters connected to it.
- In order for a character kill to be valid, the character being killed should be killed in roleplay, validated by a responding emergency service.
- If you wish to character kill your character, you and have them dead for good, all you need to do is give the responding person the right indicators.
- Note: You can not bring back a character killed character.
- The setting for the story is in the State of San Andreas and the counties within it.
- The state is made up of several million people with your characters being a sample of the people in it.
- While your characters may vary depending on what you prefer, the State of San Andreas will act and should be treated as a realistic state. A lot of balance for a character may come from this.
- Example: If a player devices to make a psycho killer and go on a spree, the player should expect this type of character to be short-lived and once caught, be punished to the fullest extend of the law.